Cedar Grove Beach Club
Cedar Grove Beach Club was a collection of 41 historic beach bungalows largely built between 1920 and 1940 in New Dorp. The community was established around 1907 as one of many beach campgrounds during the heyday of Staten Island's shore.
Cedar Grove was condemned and acquired by the city in 1958 when Robert Moses, the city's master planner, proposed a shore parkway running along the borough's coastline. The parkway failed to materialize, so the city agreed to lease the land to the bungalow owners with the understanding it could take it back whenever it wanted.
In 2010, the City of New York took control of the property, these are the last days of the Cedar Grove Beach Club.